• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR15 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here are some more questions. Isn't piston driven more desirable? Are all M&P's piston driven? What about a M&P MOE? And what about a DPSM Oracle .223? Thank so much for the guidance. I called on a Bushmaster today that already sold.

Piston vs direct impingment, that's the evolution vs creation of the ar world. Piston is heavier, cleaner, cooler, and more expensive. Direct is simpler, therefore less parts to break, plus a proven track record. It's also the way the platform was designed. But a di gun is much more dependant on lubrication. Personally I don't think the advantages of a piston outweigh the sacrifices, but it's not a clear cut thing.

All m&P's aren't piston. MOE guns are usually just regular factory guns with Magpul furniture. The Smiths seem well thought of, I haven't had one. I personally don't like the idea of the sport models w/o foreward assist and dust cover, and S&W makes them both ways, fyi.

And for the record, i'm not an expert by any means, just enjoy sharing what info my addled brain has somehow absorbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom