• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are sales dead?

I got an ar up for 425 with flip ups and red dot but not one offer
Well two things here:
1. DPMS has new rifles out for $360ish new now. DAHLONEGA GOLD AND PAWN DAHLONEGA GOLD AND PAWN
2. The paint job looks like someone took a dump on the gun...it's just not super appealing.

I'm not going to take the time to clean up the paint job on your $400+ DPMS AR when I can buy a new AR rifle or pistol from PSA for sub $300 with a lifetime warranty.

Yours would sell at $350 I'd bet. Or wait a year.

Well two things here:
1. DPMS has new rifles out for $360ish new now. DAHLONEGA GOLD AND PAWN DAHLONEGA GOLD AND PAWN
2. The looks like someone took a dump on the gun...it's just not super appealing.

I'm not going to take the time to clean up the paint job on your $400+ DPMS AR when I can buy a new AR rifle or pistol from PSA for sub $300 with a lifetime warranty.

Yours would sell at $350 I'd bet. Or wait a year.
I i know i aint pretty. Inwould rather buy an ugly gun the spend the time and gas to drive to dahlonega. I saw that deal the other day. Unless they have a range i dont see how they stay in business. Makin $10 a gun doesn't seem logical to me. Unless you are sellin 100 plus guns a day. But thenbi dont see how you can still afford to have any kind of staff

I i know i aint pretty. Inwould rather buy an ugly gun the spend the time and gas to drive to dahlonega. I saw that deal the other day. Unless they have a range i dont see how they stay in business. Makin $10 a gun doesn't seem logical to me. Unless you are sellin 100 plus guns a day. But thenbi dont see how you can still afford to have any kind of staff
That's kinda my thoughts there. I'm not gonna drives for hours to save 50 bucks. My time is more valuable.

Nope they don't have a range, they just do TONS of business and they are awesome folks. They stay busy and often have good deals on accessories/ammo too.

The good gun shops operate on volume (Georgia Gun Store prices/people are great too)

Nope they don't have a range, they just do TONS of business and they are awesome folks. They stay busy and often have good deals on accessories/ammo too.

The good gun shops operate on volume (Georgia Gun Store prices/people are great too)
And GREAT gun stores operate on knowledge

If the drive to Dahlonega is to far from where you live don't forget our website that ships to your local FFL provider:
www.dahlonegaarmory.com
or use the prices on our website to negotiate with your local gun store for the best deal they can do for you.

If the drive to Dahlonega is to far from where you live don't forget our website that ships to your local FFL provider:
www.dahlonegaarmory.com
or use the prices on our website to negotiate with your local gun store for the best deal they can do for you.
I'm only an hour away, way closer than the wife likes lol.

And GREAT gun stores operate on knowledge
The way to make it is to have multiple streams of income: such as range or gunsmithing (which we don't have). We operate based on gun.deals pricing for new firearms. Make some money on used firearms, pawn firearms, gold, silver, diamonds and coins, sell ammo and accessories, wholesale firearms to other FFL providers, only buy in bulk and take advantage of buying programs, attend buying events (bought over 200k at this week's show), operate an auction house twice per month, operate our website selling over 5 mil. per year, retail sales of jewelry, gold, silver, diamonds and coins, partner in gunshows most weekends and various other avenues. In other words, not a big secret just work really hard.

Back
Top Bottom