• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Are these primers okay?

Cmax Arms

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
These were my max loads on some test rounds. 357 mag, H110 17.0 gr, 158 gr Berry's Plated bullets, WSPM primers..... Do they look okay or too much pressure?

Attachments

• P1010063.jpg
    P1010063.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 28
I don't shoot the .357, but my .45 and 9mm indentations don't look anywhere as deep as those. And I pretty much load them at the top end of max.

Some off them look pretty flat. I don't think it's unsafe but if it was me, I'd knock it down a grain or two.

I'd shoot them but would seriously want to know what kind of velocity these should be traveling at and if checked (chronograph) would adjust powder dosage as applicable.

Do they extract easy or are they a bit sticky?

They look fine to me, but the Berry bullet may fly apart before it gets to the target. Be aware that the brass will fail at some point if reloaded to the max very often. How often? I don't know. I only load mine to max twice before they go into the "target load" pile.

They are all kind of flat and it looks like a couple (or so) are slightly cratered. Top row right and left / second row two on right / both on bottom row. It's a little hard to tell with the picture being straight on like that.

Back
Top Bottom