• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Are these primers okay?

They're fine, if you're really concerned out ten primer down on a flat surface and see if they wobble. I load my 45s where the primer is literally flat :)

I'd shoot them but would seriously want to know what kind of velocity these should be traveling at and if checked (chronograph) would adjust powder dosage as applicable.

Do they extract easy or are they a bit sticky?

I conducted a extensive search, old and new manuals, cast data, message boards and the max I found was actually over 18.0 grains. I loaded 14, 15, 16, 17 grain loads for testing. No cracked cases, and the cases ( most fell out of the cylinder and the others came out with a slight tap in extracting rod). The primers for all loads looked very similar. That's why I posted the 17.0 primer pics, I thought maybe I was missing something. I did not have a chrono but also fired some factory loads for comparison....I will back the loads down for mass production. (for me). AS for a couple of light loads, I measured each load with a magnetic balance scale and Redding trickler for exact weights. It was very exact.

thank you for your response. Cmax:cool:

The Remington brass likely has more case capacity, thus lowering the pressure ever so slightly. The others look about the same to me.

It is hard to overload with 296 or 110. It is a very safe powder in the 357. Just make sure your brass is in good shape.

Lets see now?
about 5 different brands of brass cases, working up loads to near max?
brass cases will have different capacity due to thickness, over all length, and they will differ in softness depending on the brass makeup.
so kind of hard to say exactly what is the best load range if loading near max?
additionally of course crimp and overall length (seating depth) will have an effect on pressure as well.

Back
Top Bottom