• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Are we sure Hef's in a better place.....

Are Hef's sins "greater" than yours or mine?
Are there degrees of sin that correspond to worse treatment after death, according to the Bible?
Are those who only sin a little, but do not confess, do not ask for salvation through Christ's sacrifice, and reject the New Testament as scripture, going to have a better future in the afterlife than Hef, or any number of Hollywood whores and corrupt politicians?

Singling out Hugh Hefner for the "you're going to Hell" refrain promotes sloppy thinking--dangerous thinking-- that only the worst of the worst heathens should fear the Lord's judgment. Not normal people who aren't believers, have neither salvation nor sanctification, but basically lead a good life according to the rules and morals of today's society.

I agree with your view here. We all sin and fall far short of perfection and we all are in critical need for our Savior's Atonement and his redeeming Grace. All of us.

But I am assuming most of these posts condemning Hugh are a reaction to the media and pop culture that prop Hugh up as a role model and icon. None of us can judge the thoughts and intents of his heart and we are unworthy and unable to judge the man or determine his eternal status.

But we can judge that his life was not one to be celebrated or encouraged. The way he lived was wrong. I am not judging the man, just his actions.

This is kind of the way I viewed him. He seemed like a sad unhappy person looking to fill some type of void in his life. I would imagine that everyone around him was his "friend" only because they wanted something from him.

He was busy buying Ferrari cars for girl on Tv, why not guys ? don't the young guy need help too.
he never told these guys to stay in school or learn something or volunteer for some good cause. he is now hero to me, when i was little i was never the kinda person that liked nudes, i was more like the marvel and DC comic kid.

Back
Top Bottom