Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No I am not.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • What's it to you?

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now that the thieves and internet tough guys are outed let's get back to the topic.

I don't really prep anything. But, I can hunt and have a virtually unlimited supply of ducks, geese and fish in and on the lake across the street. And I have a swimming pool that provides fresh water if needed or I can boil it from the lake.
‘Unlimited supply of ducks,’ as long as they’re managed in a season by Fish & Game. You start shooting them daily how long do you think they’ll last?

how are you going to boil water without electricity? Wood? What about when all the neighbors start cutting trees for firewood, too? That ‘fresh’ swimming pool waster is provided by employees at the water treatment plant. Are they going to punch the clock at work still once the parachutes start landing?

‘Unlimited supply of ducks,’ as long as they’re managed in a season by Fish & Game. You start shooting them daily how long do you think they’ll last?

how are you going to boil water without electricity? Wood? What about when all the neighbors start cutting trees for firewood, too? That ‘fresh’ swimming pool waster is provided by employees at the water treatment plant. Are they going to punch the clock at work still once the parachutes start landing?
Jeez, what a buzz kill.

I have a wood burning outdoor fireplace and two truck beds full of wood. I think I'll be fine.

Same thing with deer, turkey, etc.

I've spent time with primitive tribes in the Amazon. Groups of 6-20 will move into a new area and eat every edible plant, fish, moving creature. After a bit, there is nothing left alive for a few miles and they start having to travel farther and farther for food. Eventually they move and repeat the process above. Sometimes they'll mix in gardening but that just delays the inevitable. I can't imagine prepping would be any different once you ran out of canned food.

You'd have to really really hone sustainable farming and animal raising and hope a new 'group' doesn't move into your area, eat all your wildlife, shoot you in the back when your feeding your chickens.

Same thing with deer, turkey, etc.

I've spent time with primitive tribes in the Amazon. Groups of 6-20 will move into a new area and eat every edible plant, fish, moving creature. After a bit, there is nothing left alive for a few miles and they start having to travel farther and farther for food. Eventually they move and repeat the process above. Sometimes they'll mix in gardening but that just delays the inevitable. I can't imagine prepping would be any different once you ran out of canned food.

You'd have to really really hone sustainable farming and animal raising and hope a new 'group' doesn't move into your area, eat all your wildlife, shoot you in the back when your feeding your chickens.
By that time most of the assholes will be dead from breaking into the wrong houses.

By that time most of the assholes will be dead from breaking into the wrong houses.
No, because most of the boomers will be dead because they ran out of their 'beatus / heart medicine and you can just walk in and take their stuff.
The hardest thing boomers have had to deal with in their lifetime is switching their beer because a trans person became their spokesman.

No, because most of the boomers will be dead because they ran out of their 'beatus / heart medicine and you can just walk in and take their stuff.
The hardest thing boomers have had to deal with in their lifetime is switching their beer because a trans person became their spokesman.
Yep, when you plan ahead, work hard, and save, life becomes easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom