Are you a veteran and own a .357? Then this is for you...

importfighter01

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
144   0
Reaction score
image.jpg
Happy Memorial Day, ODT!! This setup is made for home-based trigger time. (50) xRing rubber bullets, (50) Speer plastic cases, (999) large pistol primers, and indoor rubber bullet trap. Here's the story...

I purchased all of these items hoping to have indoor, at home, trigger time with my Smith & Wesson 642. What I have discovered is that my little Smith does not have the hammer spring power to ignite large pistol primers as the spring is made to ignite small pistol primers (which it does without issue). These primers do work fine as I tested in my Rossi 92 and it fired first strike no problem. These Speer cases use large pistol primers in order to power either the Speer plastic bullet or xRing rubber bullet. I opted to use the rubber bullet because it does engage the rifling unlike the Speer plastic bullets. The bullets and cases are fully reusable, all you do is push out the primer and re-push in a new primer. No special tools needed! And the target in this case can quickly be changed out for a free target from Midway USA (PDF on their website, print on your own computer at home). So practice lots of fundimentals at home for CHEAP!!

Point of the story is, I cannot use this set up and would like this to go to a veteran that has a 357 revolver that can reliably ignite these large primers which are standard on 357 ammunition. No better way to honor the sacrifices of our Armed Forces than to help one of its members exercise their 2A rights with their own gun in their own home.

So here's what we'll do. Post the word "IN" if you qualify in a post in this thread, and Monday night I will use a random number generator to select a winner for this little set up. Only caveat is because primers are considered hazardous material I will not be able to ship this even if it is on your own dime. I can however meet you at the Cabela's in Acworth for pick up. I know this will limit veterans that have 357 revolver's to the Atlanta area due to distance, but I don't want to take a chance on trying to figure out how to ship hazardous materials correctly without getting in trouble. Hope you understand!!

Many thanks to everyone that has sacrificed for our great country, this truly is the greatest country in the world by the grace of God. I am grateful that we are all able to exercise our Second Amendment rights, and especially in Georgia where our state and local government's allow our freedom to be much more unrestricted than other states. I hope every one has a safe and good time as we remember those that have laid down their lives for us.

"Greater love hath no man than this; that a man lay down his life for his friends." - The Lord Jesus Christ (John 15:13)

Back
Top Bottom