Arena Training Facility - Quantified Performance PRS Gas Gun Series - 06/04

Well y’all are making it easier for me to want to go. I built a 18” SPR just for this and put a 4x16 on it. Then ammo went ^^^ I think that puts me in practical division. The only testing I’ve done is at CMP AL with IMI Razor confirmed at 200 300 and 600 but I can’t get Ballistic AE app to match my confirmed waterline at 200 and 300 using .372BC and 2800MV I have a PRS rimfire match next Sun after the match I’ll try to confirm impacts out to 750 if there’s time. I’d feel better knowing that for at least a chance to be successful.
These matches typically have an open range day on Friday, so you can validate to the 600-1100 yard targets. Many of us have good bino's or spotters too to help see your misses and help correct your app if needed.
I too did the CMP validation with Razorcore and went and shot the first match ( I corrected at 600 and just ran with that). I can say this, my "misses" were not the gun (elevation is 99% fine, it's just bad wind calls on my part or unstable shooting positions). Thus, my practice focus has been on positioning more than anything and being alot more mindful of wind direction and speed → watching mirage, looking through a spotter to gage wind off the shooting line, etc....

At the end of the day I look at it like this: I want to be able to perform to the edge of my platform's capability and really find out where those limitations are and where true consistency lies. My results compared to someone else with some other platform is much less important. I'm not going to build a gun to match a specific division for a competition. I'm going to build a gun to match a specific use case for my personal needs. What good is a competition gun if it has no real world application?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
That is what GP is for. The guys that want to run their more general use blasters and still come out and enjoy the PRS style matches.

Have you seen/tried this?
Pretty cool. Not really applicable to slow/low BC platform like the one I am running but I do plan on getting this worked out for my 6.5CM's.

Yeah I did I’ve seen a few videos on it to great quick dial guide or hold if you like in the range of efficiency. Problem is swapping over to MILs I’m just stubborn. I get it and understand concepts of both just like MOA

Quick ref to the divisions. Don't be afraid to run that GP division!

1651965983254.png

Ok so after the rimfire match Sunday I confirmed my data and I can’t make any ballistic app or my kestrel show me this so maybe you can help me recreate on a kestrel or app some how to use in a match ... thanks for the input.

18” 223W 1:8
IMI 77gr Razor BC 0.368 and MV 2690

Magnetospeed -
Max: 2709
Min: 2658
Avg: 2685
SD : 18.7

MOA
100 - 0
200 - 0.75
300 - 3.50
400 - 6.00
500 - 9.25
600 -15.25
700 - 19.50

Ok so after the rimfire match Sunday I confirmed my data and I can’t make any ballistic app or my kestrel show me this so maybe you can help me recreate on a kestrel or app some how to use in a match ... thanks for the input.

18” 223W 1:8
IMI 77gr Razor BC 0.368 and MV 2690

Magnetospeed -
Max: 2709
Min: 2658
Avg: 2685
SD : 18.7

MOA
100 - 0
200 - 0.75
300 - 3.50
400 - 6.00
500 - 9.25
600 -15.25
700 - 19.50
Most obvious thing is your velocity. I get 2697 from my 16" gun with that same ammo.

Do you have a 5700 Elite? Are you using the custom curve?

Also, have you tried using the G7 .190 instead in Strelok instead of their G1 listed value?

Using the Custom Curve for SMK 77gr, 1:8, your avg velocity of 2685. I see:

4.14 MOA @ 300
16.19 MOA @ 600
21.72 MOA @ 700

Zero wind in the Kestrel.

Your list indicates that your velocity should be substantially higher ≈ 2790-2810 FPS to match 19.5 at 700. My friends 20" breaks 2900 with IMI Razorcore, so I suspect that your Magneetospeed is somehow giving you slow velocities, you accidentally logged the wrong velocity or something else funky is going on.

Most obvious thing is your velocity. I get 2697 from my 16" gun with that same ammo.

Do you have a 5700 Elite? Are you using the custom curve?

Also, have you tried using the G7 .190 instead in Strelok instead of their G1 listed value?

Using the Custom Curve for SMK 77gr, 1:8, your avg velocity of 2685. I see:

4.14 MOA @ 300
16.19 MOA @ 600
21.72 MOA @ 700

Zero wind in the Kestrel.

Your list indicates that your velocity should be substantially higher ≈ 2790-2810 FPS to match 19.5 at 700. My friends 20" breaks 2900 with IMI Razorcore, so I suspect that your Magneetospeed is somehow giving you slow velocities, you accidentally logged the wrong velocity or something else funky is going on.

That’s what I’m seeing I’d have to be over 2900 and a crazy BC to get it to work. I only have the Kestrel 2700 so no custom curve. I tried the MV calibration and I’ve even tried using some of the bullets from the library on the kestrel app nothing will give me that data. I’m using the V3 and have a Specwar K attached so maybe the can is messing with the MV readings but I get close to the same readings each time I chrono it. Only thing I feel I can do is upgrade to the Elite and figure it out or make a trip to CMP and fill in gaps between the 100’s and confirm impact ele. but that doesn’t help me out past 700 lol

That’s what I’m seeing I’d have to be over 2900 and a crazy BC to get it to work. I only have the Kestrel 2700 so no custom curve. I tried the MV calibration and I’ve even tried using some of the bullets from the library on the kestrel app nothing will give me that data. I’m using the V3 and have a Specwar K attached so maybe the can is messing with the MV readings but I get close to the same readings each time I chrono it. Only thing I feel I can do is upgrade to the Elite and figure it out or make a trip to CMP and fill in gaps between the 100’s and confirm impact ele. but that doesn’t help me out past 700 lol
Wait, don't we need a height over bore number for this? I didn't see one listed.

Have you tried using the same numbers in the Hornady app?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom