• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ARFCOM Lowers

In my humblest of humble opinions - the whole forged vs. milled thing is way overblown.

If your doing things to your rifle where the strength of the metal in the lower receiver is your biggest concern, then the other 85% of your rifle is probably trashed.

Billets are nice for looks (I have one for that very reason) but that's about it. In my humblest of humbling humbled opinion.

Sounds like a drinking club and not a whisky club. Our goal is to try some high end whiskies (everyone chips in 20-30 dollars) for minimal expenditure. We usually get one very high end bottle of scotch, and another unique bottle that no one has tried. Anything left over is saved until the next meet up.

Usually the budget is $100-125 for the higher end bottle and $50-75 for the mid range.
that sounds good where do you meet and how do you join?

In my humblest of humble opinions - the whole forged vs. milled thing is way overblown. If your doing things to your rifle where the strength of the metal in the lower receiver is your biggest concern, then the other 85% of your rifle is probably trashed. Billets are nice for looks (I have one for that very reason) but that's about it. In my humblest of humbling humbled opinion.
Forged us actually stronger than Billet. The only advantage of Billet is looks which is a personal preference. All AR lowers are milled.

Forged us actually stronger than Billet. The only advantage of Billet is looks which is a personal preference. All AR lowers are milled.

Yeah I think I accidentally used "milled" instead of "billet" in my post. I have always heard that forged is stronger - I wasn't arguing differently.

Back
Top Bottom