• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arisaka info needed

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
I know the pics aren't the greatest but they're all I have to go on right now.

I know it's chambered in 7.7 and I can see the mum is ground off.

Can anybody tell me a realistic value to sell? I think I'm getting this in a 2 rifle trade and I only want the other one, so I'll be selling this one.

TIA!

25234.jpeg
25236.jpeg
25238.jpeg
25240.jpeg

Yes, ground mum is very typical and was done at the end of the war. Ive heard that it was part of an agreement that we would do it to captured guns and that soldiers did it as not to disgrace the emperor when defeated. But I'm sure someone who knows a lot more that me will chime in.

Commercial ammo is available but I'm not sure how easy it is to find.

Cant help much more than that!

Yes, ground mum is very typical and was done at the end of the war. Ive heard that it was part of an agreement that we would do it to captured guns and that soldiers did it as not to disgrace the emperor when defeated. But I'm sure someone who knows a lot more that me will chime in.

Commercial ammo is available but I'm not sure how easy it is to find.

Cant help much more than that!

It helps, thanks for the reply!

OP,
Its a late war, Type 99... only the mum had to be defaced at the end of the war... if it was a true bringback...the mum wasn't ground... late war mfg...as observed by the wooden buttplate and the shape of the bolt handle... caliber is 7.7 Jap... commercial ammo was available from Graf and Sons...last time I checked... May or may not have a chrome bore... Need to see the codes before and after serial # too find out mfg. and what series it is...

hth...

OP,
Its a late war, Type 99... only the mum had to be defaced at the end of the war... if it was a true bringback...the mum wasn't ground... late war mfg...as observed by the wooden buttplate and the shape of the bolt handle... caliber is 7.7 Jap... commercial ammo was available from Graf and Sons...last time I checked... May or may not have a chrome bore... Need to see the codes before and after serial # too find out mfg. and what series it is...

hth...

Thanks for the info! I'm gonna see if i can get pics of the codes...

Back
Top Bottom