Arken EP5

You're using this on the 10/22 or some other .22lr host? If that's the case, it should do perfect for that.
That was my opinion too. I figured there was something to them because the man who's rifle/optic I looked at is a really good competitor and I respect his opinion.

That was my opinion too. I figured there was something to them because the man who's rifle/optic I looked at is a really good competitor and I respect his opinion.
I think they are at home on a budget 22 or on a rifle to try some new discipline without shelling out tons of cash or trying to make it under a production class. They aren't competing favorably against alpha tier optics. For the price, they are fine. But, seen enough inconsistency within the mechanics (turret tension, mag tension, auditable clicks, etc), the short eye box, edge distortion, ability to handle light (coatings) and parallax discrepancies to keep them unequivocally out of the running when comparing them to $1k plus scopes, unless we are comparing to leupold.

I did order their new 1-8 the day they released it. Still hasn't shown up, but wanted to see it in person. I have my expectations for it, but we'll see how it performs and stacks up.

I got it on a bergara B14R. 22LR. It is what I could afford right now. I will probably upgrade later if it don't perform like I want.
That's the nice thing about scopes. Upgrade as you can and just move the cheaper scopes to cheaper/less used rifles. If you fall in love with 22lr comps, you'll be spending that original budget of 3k in a hurry and will be glad you did so.

I got it on a bergara B14R. 22LR. It is what I could afford right now. I will probably upgrade later if it don't perform like I want.
Out of all my calibers I shoot, 22 is my favorite. You can make it an all day range trip without having to reach deep into the wallet. That scope is perfect for the Bergara and at the range you are looking to shoot at.

A friend has one of these and it's very impressive for the price, but as others have said, it's definitely not on par with Nightforce. The turrets felt great and adjustments were right. I love that it has zero stops. (I wish my SWFA scopes had them) .However, we only shot to about 550 yards and the glass was not good when turning up past 16-17 power. The scope is a tank and made the rifle feel top heavy. This wouldn't be a problem on a 20# comp rifle though.

Back
Top Bottom