• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Armadillos in the North Georgia Mountains??????????

stealhunt

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
17   0
Reaction score
I knew it was only a matter of time. I first seen the nasty armadillo at the Redlands WMA about 6 or 7 years ago. After that, I knew it was only a matter of time before they would be up in the mountains. I travel to NW Arkansas and they have been there for some time so it's not a matter of climate, just a migration issue.
Today, I was coming home from a scouting trip on the Chattahoochee WMA. About a mile south of Cleveland Ga., on Hwy. 129, I saw him. I actually turned around and went back to confirm it. Yep, it was a roadkill armadillo.
Anybody else from North Georgia seen one?

They make excellent targets! I have shot them with everything from 450gr .500 Holland & Holland to .22 rimfire. The round that seems to splatter them the most is 85gr .243

I shot one with a Ruger .22, using a flashlight to see with .....It went straight up, over my head and out of the light....Came down about 10 yards over, I thought I was toast! Kinda funny actually.

They are in Tennesse too. I live near the state line and there have made there way up there. Used to be you never saw one until around Macon...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom