• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Armadillos in the North Georgia Mountains??????????

They are commonly eaten in most every country where they exist except here in the states... I had my first one in Nicaragua. Pretty darn tasty if prepared right! A lot like lean pork :)

I saw one on 85 n headed to walhalla lastweek and got off the next wxit and turned around to confirm lol

When we were young we used to walk the edges of the fields at night with a flashlight and pop them with a 22. My grandfather had a large farm in Clay county that was surrounded by peanut fields and the guy who owned the fields wanted us to get rid of as many as we could cause they would make big burrows out in his fields. You pop one of them suckers with a .22 and then suckers can jump.

They are perfect incubators for Leprosy due to their low body temperature. Leprosy however, is very hard for humans to contract. It's not near as contagious as history would have you believe. The fact is, that it's very rare in humans. Most historical cases of leprosy were very likely misdiagnosed cases of late stage syphilis. symptoms are about the same.

They are dang near everywhere now, the worst part is when you are hunting and they come creeping up through the woods they make a ton of dog gone noise. I always think it is a deer at first and get excited.

They are perfect incubators for Leprosy due to their low body temperature. Leprosy however, is very hard for humans to contract. It's not near as contagious as history would have you believe. The fact is, that it's very rare in humans. Most historical cases of leprosy were very likely misdiagnosed cases of late stage syphilis. symptoms are about the same.
It would have to be survival situation to eat one of them, we always just left them where they laid.

Back
Top Bottom