• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Assault Weapons Ban is not dead.

yep, only needs 50 votes and Biden if it's an amendment to the bill.

Yes...that's all you need...oh, and the House.

And since Reid said he probably couldn't get 40 votes, let alone 50 or 60, I'm not even worried about it making it to the House. Well, not TOO worried.

Yes...that's all you need...oh, and the House.

And since Reid said he probably couldn't get 40 votes, let alone 50 or 60, I'm not even worried about it making it to the House. Well, not TOO worried.

I agree I'm not too worried as a crap storm of angry freedom lovers pounced upon them with this B.S. bill and much like an iceberg it was just the tip they felt inserted.

However, if they break it apart and submit it in small bites that the public can swallow then they have hope to slowly erode the second amendment just a little more. Then when the next shooting massacre occurs (in a gun free zone) just a bit more and so on until in the name of “public safety” the American common man will be effectively disarmed through infringements that individually were acceptable to enough votes but in whole are unbearable in keeping with the intent and true purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

I see "universal back-ground checks", creating a whole new criminal class as the one with least resistance to passage. I mean who wouldn't want it? Why would that be such a bad thing, guns are evil and only the evil would want them, except for the Government and Police.

Last edited:
Universal background check is the greatest risk for passage and probably the most dangerous for gun owners. It a step toward the goal of universal registration... which is a step toward universal confiscation. Back ground check with the slight tweaking of check for inheritance of gun will produce universal registration. In the big picture, this is probably a bigger risk to gun owners that assault weapon bans and mag size.

Universal background check is the greatest risk for passage and probably the most dangerous for gun owners. It a step toward the goal of universal registration... which is a step toward universal confiscation. Back ground check with the slight tweaking of check for inheritance of gun will produce universal registration. In the big picture, this is probably a bigger risk to gun owners that assault weapon bans and mag size.
No truer words than this. They just say "backround checks won't lead to registration." BS, I say

Back
Top Bottom