• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Assault weapons ban question.

The semi auto AR and AK will be history, no grandfather .

You can deactivate and keep the gun, turn it into a bolt action, or turn it in, period.

They tried the other way and it didn't work.

A few musings here:

1. We don’t know exactly what the legislation will ultimately look like, if passed. As I currently read Feinstein’s bill, one thing to note is that it does not seem normal cap Mags may be transferred at all.

2. Pretty clear is that the immediate push on all fronts is to require all transfers to go through FFLs.

3. I think in the coming weeks you will see Biden push an executive order to ban pistol braces (or more accurately, no longer have braced weapons considered pistols). That was already in the works last year. It also would provide a convenient headline - “Biden bans gun used in Boulder shooting”.

4. Folks need to be proactively watching the legislation and proposals. Take pictures of your guns in their current configuration so you can prove you owned them before whatever ban, registration or limitation they are proposing. For example, the brace proposal last year would exempt you from the $200 tax if you owned the weapon BEFOre the rule was proposed. No one knows when they will propose another rule.

5. Think about establishing a trust for your title 1 weapons and Mags and potentially transferring them into the trust. This may be a fools errand, and may not ultimately work, but has precedent in the NFA world to at least provide access to your friends/children for items where transfer becomes restricted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The semi auto AR and AK will be history, no grandfather .

You can deactivate and keep the gun, turn it into a bolt action, or turn it in, period.

They tried the other way and it didn't work.
Is this just speculation or have you seen something the rest of us are not privy to?

It's okay. There won't be any trouble. Even if they require a "turn in" most everyone (even here) will waddle down to the crommunity center and hand anything in the definition of "assault weapon" over for their gift certificate to Nike or Amazon Gift Card.
I wont do that they did **** like that in Venezuela and we ended screwed

Not really too concerned. I don't think it will pass but then again a lot has happened in the last year or so that is kind of hard to believe.
If they can rigged the election they can rigged that. I wouldn’t doubt it if the CIA had anything to do with it. Look what they did down in Panama, Guatemala, Nicaragua.

It's okay. There won't be any trouble. Even if they require a "turn in" most everyone (even here) will waddle down to the crommunity center and hand anything in the definition of "assault weapon" over for their gift certificate to Nike or Amazon Gift Card.

Yeah uh, nope!! Not here.

Back
Top Bottom