ATF says to quit using “assault weapons”, backs HPA and imports

D801B697-B4C2-4A34-ACF8-869B7D932551.jpeg

It’s the government

Think we should believe them? LOL

Based on their actions,I would say Not!

I’ll believe it when something positive happens

My entire life I thought ATF agents were people who couldn't get any other federal law enforcement job and that their purpose has been to infringe on Constitutional rights. Maybe I need to rethink that. I'll look into it.

I’m a Fed and I know a lot of Feds. Most folks that are Fed agents apply with every agency that is hiring and end up at one of them according to hired them first or gave them the best offer. I’ve never met an ATF agent that said to himself, “I hate guns! I wanna be an ATF agent!” The ATF is just where they happened to land.

I’m a Fed and I know a lot of Feds. Most folks that are Fed agents apply with every agency that is hiring and end up at one of them according to hired them first or gave them the best offer. I’ve never met an ATF agent that said to himself, “I hate guns! I wanna be an ATF agent!” The ATF is just where they happened to land.

I didn't phrase that very well. One point was my bias toward the people who I think of as working there (no one else made an offer) and the other was toward the organization (doesn't need to exist). I appreciate your point of view.

I didn't phrase that very well. One point was my bias toward the people who I think of as working there (no one else made an offer) and the other was toward the organization (doesn't need to exist). I appreciate your point of view.

I’m not a fan of the ATF overall as an agency. There are agencies I dislike more, like the FBI, because I have actually worked with them and formed a firsthand opinion.

I’m not a fan of the ATF overall as an agency. There are agencies I dislike more, like the FBI, because I have actually worked with them and formed a firsthand opinion.
The one and only time I worked with them, I got the solid impression that they felt as if they were entitled and above “normal” people.

And maybe stop using the totally contrived and incorrect term “silencer” and replace it with “suppressor”.

Actually.........

American inventor Hiram Percy Maxim, son of Maxim gun inventor Hiram Stevens Maxim, is usually credited with inventing and selling the first commercially successful silencer around 1902, receiving a patent for it on March 30, 1909. Maxim gave his device the trademarked name Maxim Silencer, and they were regularly advertised in sporting goods magazines.

So, the guy that is credited with the invention and first marketing of the devices called it a “silencer”.

Thanks for the history lesson, I was familiar. Still a contrived name for marketing...doesn’t actually “silence” as we all know. If John Crapper invented the toilet can we not call it something more palettable and more marketable for today’s customers?

If I were fighting an uphill battle against ignorant politicians so we can keep our rights, I wouldn’t use the nomenclature that they use, like assault rifle and silencer. I would try to use words that are more accurate yet less scary to the masses...like sporting rifle or suppressor. But I’m a bit of a Pollyanna.

Back
Top Bottom