ATF says to quit using “assault weapons”, backs HPA and imports

Thanks for the history lesson, I was familiar. Still a contrived name for marketing...doesn’t actually “silence” as we all know. If John Crapper invented the toilet can we not call it something more palettable and more marketable for today’s customers?

If I were fighting an uphill battle against ignorant politicians so we can keep our rights, I wouldn’t use the nomenclature that they use, like assault rifle and silencer. I would try to use words that are more accurate yet less scary to the masses...like sporting rifle or suppressor. But I’m a bit of a Pollyanna.

The inventor called it a silencer, the atf calls it a silencer, and my stamps say silencer.

What it is called may not be what it actually does but it doesn't change the fact that the correct technical term is silencer.

Suppressor is just a made up word by gun nuts trying to placate themselves.

FWIW... the articles (correctly) says that the term 'assault weapon' is the made up term... not 'assault rifle'.

The inventor called it a silencer, the aft calls it a silencer, and my stamps say silencer.

What it is called may not be what it actually does but it doesn't change the fact that the correct technical term is silencer.

Suppressor is just a made up word by gun nuts trying to placate themselves.

EXACTLY!

Thanks for the history lesson, I was familiar. Still a contrived name for marketing...doesn’t actually “silence” as we all know. If John Crapper invented the toilet can we not call it something more palettable and more marketable for today’s customers?

If I were fighting an uphill battle against ignorant politicians so we can keep our rights, I wouldn’t use the nomenclature that they use, like assault rifle and silencer. I would try to use words that are more accurate yet less scary to the masses...like sporting rifle or suppressor. But I’m a bit of a Pollyanna.

Actually......

The flushing toilet was invented by John Harington in 1596. Joseph Bramah of Yorkshire patented the first practical water closet in England in 1778. George Jennings also took out a patent for the flush-out toilet in 1852.

Thomas Crapper held nine patents, three of them for water closet improvements such as the floating ballcock, but none was for the flush toilet itself.

This was from Feb 2017. Back when we was all excited about the newly elected republican majority in both houses and a newly elected republican president. With this from the ATF we was sure HPA was just a matter of time :lol:

What have we gotten since then? One step closer to a national registration via the "fix nics act". Unconstitutional gun confiscations via "red flag laws" being passed all over the nation. And back door gun control via the executive branches pending ban of bump stocks.

Actually......

The flushing toilet was invented by John Harington in 1596. Joseph Bramah of Yorkshire patented the first practical water closet in England in 1778. George Jennings also took out a patent for the flush-out toilet in 1852.

Thomas Crapper held nine patents, three of them for water closet improvements such as the floating ballcock, but none was for the flush toilet itself.
Heh, heh. You said ballcock....

Back
Top Bottom