• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Atlanta Police Issued ARs

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point we need to ask why/how has violence gotten so rampant that we need to start arming all cops with rifles.

I'm no expert but I think lack of punishment and hard time if you do the crime is part of the problem. Sitting in prison chatting it up with your hommies while watching TV or working out during the day is probably better than they had it back home. And if they get off with a slap on the rest then there is no incentive to do better is there?

Start clearing out death row and make prison a punishment again. That would be a start.

Do you know why we have most of our NFA rules in place?

Yes, Thanks Al Capone. I'm not suggesting ANY type of firearms restrictions, I'm suggesting a look at causation. Illegal drugs probably account for most of it.

stupid people. They ruin it for all of us.

From what I've read and I could be wrong, a lot of our NFA deals such as 200$ tax stamp stemmed from the fact that the gangsters and rumrunners during the prohibition had superior weaponry to our police forces, so by placing a tax stamp, you limit peoples ability to obtain weapons better than the cops (guessing 200$ was a lot of money back then)..Although all it did was affect citizens.

Our cops have always been undergunned and undertrained.

I'm no expert but I think lack of punishment and hard time if you do the crime is part of the problem. Sitting in prison chatting it up with your hommies while watching TV or working out during the day is probably better than they had it back home. And if they get off with a slap on the rest then there is no incentive to do better is there?

Start clearing out death row and make prison a punishment again. That would be a start.

I have to agree with this. i see it at work al the time, people arnt afraid of jail like they were back in the day.

I have to agree with this. i see it at work al the time, people arnt afraid of jail like they were back in the day.

Unfortunately now people think they have rights in prison. Hell didn't someone get gender reassignment surgery on our tax dollars IN PRISON?? I think if you're found guilty of robbery/rape/homicide..it's the death penalty, no rehabilitation or nothing, straight to the electric chair you go.

another thing that lead to patrol officers needing rifles is events like the north hollywood shootout, active shooters like columbine, and the easy availability of body armor

People aren't afraid of punishment. Killing inmates will have little to no affect on violence. Texas executes more people than any other state...does it curb violence? No. I'd think if any crowd were savvy to the fact that laws can't prevent violence it would be this one. Gang members aren't going to suddenly have a change of heart over the whole gang thing because of the risk of worse punishment....puleeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom