• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta Police Issued ARs

Status
Not open for further replies.
People aren't afraid of punishment. Killing inmates will have little to no affect on violence. Texas executes more people than any other state...does it curb violence? No. I'd think if any crowd were savvy to the fact that laws can't prevent violence it would be this one. Gang members aren't going to suddenly have a change of heart over the whole gang thing because of the risk of worse punishment....puleeze.

Laws themselves don't curb crime, I agree, however punishment does deter crime. In Singapore if you are caught doing any violent crime you are killed. They in fact have a very low violent crime rate (no repeat offenders).

Laws themselves don't curb crime, I agree, however punishment does deter crime. In Singapore if you are caught doing any violent crime you are killed. They in fact have a very low violent crime rate (no repeat offenders).

Signapore is an often used and poor example. The people are incredibly repressed, and have been taught to religiously follow the rules and laws. This is a byproduct of culture and not an effect of punishment.

I don't think in the west we would like the idea of chopping the hand off of a 1 year old shoplifter.

im gonig to start another thread for this discusion so tactical taco doesnt get confused about why he isnt winning this "debate"

When I get time I cannot wait to post pictures of my noveske... on top of a bushmaster. That is the ultimate mind.... ahhmm... blower. Meanwhile, I am still looking for officers that shoot 20k a year. Besides my swat friends this is unheard of. I have one other friend who reloads and averages about 15 out of handguns a year.... That still is not a rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom