• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta Pro Gun Rally 4/14 EDIT: Permit pulled, legal rally is off...

I will make every effort to attend this. In years past I may have agreed with the conceal carry only crowd, but eff that. The AR15 is as symbolic as ever today, and I will be toting one in lieu of a sign with a cute phrase scribbled on it.
Obviously that's your right and choice. But you will be playing right the oppositions hands. That is exactly what they want to show to this kids movement. Some of these kids are hopeless snowflakes. Some of these kids support the 2nd but don't get the media limelight. Many if not most have no clue about much of anything and are just following the pack mentality. Those are the ones that can be reached and educated. I would not brandish my AR in front of any of these kids right now and by default that is exactly what the left will show them if given the opportunity. The adult leftest are not likely to change their views so it's a waste of time to debate them. This young crowd, many my daughters age, are worth trying to reach and they will not hear our message whatsoever as soon as they see a pic of an AR at a pro gun rally. Their attention span and mental abilities have been forged on instant gratification so they can't process it. There is a way to flank the left and it is not by charging against their fortifications. But, obviously your choice.

I will make every effort to attend this. In years past I may have agreed with the conceal carry only crowd, but eff that. The AR15 is as symbolic as ever today, and I will be toting one in lieu of a sign with a cute phrase scribbled on it.
I thought the kid in your avatar was just something off the web? :boink:

Equating second amendment folks to gay pride folks? Alrighty then.

This is not about going over the top, it's reminding people that we are the armed population and enough is enough. We are all demonized by the left. Might as well make your stance known and open carry if you are comfortable.
So the intent is an implied threat!? Yeah, I'm sure that will make the sheep feel better about not disarming us.

www.monologuedb.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_01_braveheart.jpg

I say we all dress like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

We need to stand together, regardless of our differences in approach.
The problem is that the fewer people associated with those that feel the need to walk around the streets of down town Atlanta carrying ARs and AKs, the better.

If there are just 20 guys doing this, the general opinion will be that they are radical right wing gun nut idiots. If there are 20 guys doing it with another 5000 supporting the behavior it's a whole different image and many more people would feel threatened by it.

Shouldn't the idea be to show support for the 2A without reinforcing the negative stereotype of gun owners the left likes to project?

Strongly disagree. It's ironic that you'd say don't carry a firearm to a firearm event because some snowflake and the leftist will get their panties in a wad.

I got news, their panties are already in a wad.

Do I want to see someone wearing camo with a rifle carelessly slung and 3 or 4 bandoliers of ammo across their chest? No.

But neither will I be cowed. I personally will cc, if allowed but I have No problem with open carry if done well.
But this isn't a firearms event. It's a 2A event and political.

Back
Top Bottom