Attacked by red tailed hawk tonight.

These are cool to see.

I was walking the bank fishing one afternoon and a little mouse was just playing and eating off of the ground about 12 feet from me. It moved real slow in and under the leaves on the ground. As it got about 3 feet from me BAMM. A big female hit it like a freight train, sat there and pulled it under her looked at me and flew off. The rest of the day she was always in the tree's near me and was always looking at the area around me. Pretty cool.

Next time just wiggle your finger back and forth to imitate a small rodent. :D
That'll get you in trouble for sure.

These are cool to see.

I was walking the bank fishing one afternoon and a little mouse was just playing and eating off of the ground about 12 feet from me. It moved real slow in and under the leaves on the ground. As it got about 3 feet from me BAMM. A big female hit it like a freight train, sat there and pulled it under her looked at me and flew off. The rest of the day she was always in the tree's near me and was always looking at the area around me. Pretty cool.

My Father and I both saw one swoop down from above onto an egret that was in mid flight and drag it down to the ground. That happened in Macon County many years ago.

My Wife and I watched two Hawks circling in mid air and kept Dive bombing one another until they collided and circled
In a locked together downward spiral.
Then a few feet from the ground broke apart and did it again....that was bad azz.

I played chicken with a hawk once. A hawk landed about 40 yards away when I was in a tree and was looking around. I was in full camo including leafy suit. I had on camo fleece gloves and a face mask. I was as invisible I suppose as a 6' white guy can get. The hawk began to pay a little extra attention to me. I had not moved a muscle. I thought "What the heck, let's see what will happen." All I did was start 'twitching' one of my fingers in the camo fleeced glove to try and mimic some small critter. The hawk focused in for a second or two and took off on a bee line for me. It was diving and I let it get to within about 25-30 feet before I chickened out and moved my entire body where upon it immediately veered off.
I don't intend to play that game anymore. :suspicious:

I had one in the back yard tearing a rabbit up. My wife asked me to go help the rabbit. I said not to mess with nature. Aint gonna take that chance.

I played chicken with a hawk once. A hawk landed about 40 yards away when I was in a tree and was looking around. I was in full camo including leafy suit. I had on camo fleece gloves and a face mask. I was as invisible I suppose as a 6' white guy can get. The hawk began to pay a little extra attention to me. I had not moved a muscle. I thought "What the heck, let's see what will happen." All I did was start 'twitching' one of my fingers in the camo fleeced glove to try and mimic some small critter. The hawk focused in for a second or two and took off on a bee line for me. It was diving and I let it get to within about 25-30 feet before I chickened out and moved my entire body where upon it immediately veered off.
I don't intend to play that game anymore. :suspicious:

chickenhawk1.JPG

Sorry, had to do it.

Back
Top Bottom