Attic insulation/ soffet advice

I had a house attic sealed with spray foam. No venting at all after that, payed for itself in 2.5 years in energy saving and saved me $$$ every month after. The naysayers will go on about shingle life but thats hooey
Our current house is fully incapsulated in the attic with sprayed foam. Lowest electric billS we’ve ever had living there. I even went up in the attic during hottest part of summer and it was about the same temp as inside. Well worth the extra we paid while building.

I had a house attic sealed with spray foam. No venting at all after that, payed for itself in 2.5 years in energy saving and saved me $$$ every month after. The naysayers will go on about shingle life but thats hooey

Supposedly, that is the current thinking. Tje idea of venting the attic was the thinking from the mid 80s to about 2000. Current thinking is to seal it up.

Lots of info out for those that want to research it.

We renovated the home were in now. Had a company come in and suck out all the blown in insulation and do as others here have with spray foam. Total attic seal. House is less dusty and has really made a difference in heat/ cool costs.

I have the roof rafters and side walls in the attic sprayed 13 years ago
roof shingles are fine (I had heard the same about depleting the life) but all is good

and as Just1more said above, temp in attic is about the same as the house

I have the roof rafters and side walls in the attic sprayed 13 years ago
roof shingles are fine (I had heard the same about depleting the life) but all is good

and as Just1more said above, temp in attic is about the same as the house

Any issues with humidity/mold?

Back
Top Bottom