• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Plumbers- I need advice on a water filter replacement

View attachment 6248181Pretty crude drawing on my phone but plumb in a service bypass too while you're putting in those valves

This is what you need ^^
I would also relocate the filter down to eye level or lower to make filter changes that much easier, and I would eliminate as much of that metal pipe as I could while I am at it.

This is what you need ^^
I would also relocate the filter down to eye level or lower to make filter changes that much easier, and I would eliminate as much of that metal pipe as I could while I am at it.

Why eliminate the metal pipe? Just asking.

How did they drain the pipes without a shutoff?

There has to be one somewhere. Is it on a well? You can turn off the pump while you change the filter if s o.
If those kinds of filters are anything like the filters in a refrigerator they are designed that when they're twisted and pulled a thru-diverter stops the water from passing down through the filter. I'd get any numbers, etc. I could off the filter and look up the design, etc. on the internet before I did anything if it was me.

Some of what I typically use as pre-filters to protect the big filters and softeners I install.
20" Big Blue cartridge filter and a spin down filter.

IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG

Back
Top Bottom