• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SashaTheBear17

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
23   0
Reaction score
Hey Ya'll,

I'm looking for some help in the Audio system realm.

I'm planning to build a speaker system for my Harley Davidson Street Bob. I found a company that sells a speaker box for my fairing and it will accompany two 5.25" speakers and a slimline amp.

The question I have is what kind of amp and speaker combination would you pick? It goes without saying, but I need something loud for highway speeds. I'd like to find an amp that has a Bluetooth system built in (ex. Kenwood KAC-M1824BT).

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Have you considered a Bluetooth helmet? It would be a whole lot simpler and everyone around you wouldn't have to listen to your music also.

Bluetooth helmets are great if you only have 1 helmet. I have 4 helmets and not all of them are full face. I can’t afford to buy several Bluetooth units for the different helmets I own.

What’s wrong? My style of music ain’t good enough for everyone else to hear? A little punk rock never caused anyone to bleed from the ears.

Bluetooth helmets are great if you only have 1 helmet. I have 4 helmets and not all of them are full face. I can’t afford to buy several Bluetooth units for the different helmets I own.

What’s wrong? My style of music ain’t good enough for everyone else to hear? A little punk rock never caused anyone to bleed from the ears.

Ah, understood on the multiple helmets. That would be costly.

Depending on the speakers. Generally most 5.25 are not going to take much more than 100 watts rms. 100-200 watt amp should work fine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I always used Crutchfield.com for speaker research. Just make sure you don’t buy cheap. You’ll be blasting constantly and don’t want weak cones. Match power ratings up because too little power will cause distortion the louder you try to go. Distortion destroys speakers, not volume.

I cant help you, I ride a crotch rocket and my music comes from my ipod in my pocket but I've seen/heard some of these Harleys and it sounds like a car, the music is soooooo loud. Im amazed at how a motorcycle could have music that loud.

I'm not opposed to loud music. Most of my cars have amps and subs.

Back
Top Bottom