Auto knife? Legal? /Best deal on benchmade?

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_04_25_b48ac5dd675206a242b8e5b9a8098d9e.jpg

Considering this benchmade 6800bk
It's an ambidextrous push button auto knife, aluminum handle and it has a glass breaker on the end. I'm undecided on the combo edge or the plain edge, and the $246 price tag has me reluctant. I had a Kershaw Blur, and loved it more than any other knife I've ever had, so I'm torn as wether to get the benchmade! The blur with the glass breaker or the Kershaw launch 1, the new auto knife from Kershaw.
Here's the break down of pros and cons for me:
1. Benchmade pros: has the auto feature, glass breaker, has a safety feature for the auto button, and it's aesthetically pleasing.
Cons: price tag of $246, wish the button was black( maybe I could take it apart and have the button duracoated.)
2. Kershaw Launch 1 pros: has the auto feature, aesthetically pleasing and price is do-able at $97
Cons: no safety feature to my knowledge for the auto button, and no glass breaker
3. Kershaw blur pros: I've had one and loved it, has the glass breaker, aesthetically pleasing, and the price tag is amazing for the quality at $62
Cons: no auto feature

Thoughts?

I want to check out these microtechs before i buy a mini infidel. Gainesville/clarkesville area

What is marfoine

....High Dollar. Never seen one in person, but when they have "collectors like this one" in the description, it's probably too much for me. Although the carbon fiber grip inserts and the taper on that particular blade look awesome.

I'll carry around a Ultratech for the price and use it. But a $400 plus OTF is probably something I shouldn't own.

What is marfoine
Yes. Tony Marifone is the founder of Microtech.

His Marifone line is his custom brand. He has also done many collaborations with other knife makers. Most notably are some of his collabs with Mick Strider.

I had a catch and release Marifone for $1900 once. Very collectable and sought after.

The owner of Bert's Blades in Warner Robins told me a while back that Georgia has no statute prohibiting the ownership or carrying of auto knives gravity knives or butterfly \Balisong knives. From what I can remember the only law about knives in GA would be about the length of the blade. If its too long it needs to beoin your belt in a sheath.

If anyone wants to hear good advice, please look up, read, comprehend your own research on laws.

No offense but asking a bunch of dudes on a forum, of I heard once, think i read type stuff will not help you in court.

"Your honor, I asked a stranger to verify law, and they told me they asked another guy that has an auto knife, so I just took that as law"

That won't fly.

ODT is not an attorney's office.

Back
Top Bottom