• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fake Gerber Strongarms

Grandmasta J

Default rank <2000 posts
Wangjangler
117   0
Reaction score
Just a heads up to anyone tempted to buy a Gerber Strongarm on Ebay or similar sites - I just did and it was a fake! and just browsing through 90 percent of the listings I see that are under 80 dollars are fake too, there is a ton of these out there and they look pretty convincing! The seller I bought mine from had already sold over 30 of em and it looks like everyone who bought one left positive feedback. Here is a video that points out how to spot the fakes:

and another video with more detail about the blister packaging:

Not worth it to me since the Mark2 combat and the original LMF. Don’t get me wrong,still good blades, they were just better before the Finns took over.

I did the same thing off Ebay. Got it and was a fake.
Sent back and ordered a real one from SMKW
Yeah, I'm gonna do the same. I'll probably order one from bladehq, oos on SMKW. I think as long as you stick with a reputable blade seller you should be good. If the price looks too good to be true it probably is but, even on amazon I see people paying full price and getting ripped off. It's crazy out there.

Yep, I learned the hard way to buy from good places and not ebay or amazon on some things.
Yeah, I just learned my lesson. I didn't even think about it until after I bought it, I just assumed it was legit until I opened the package and immediately knew something was wrong. At least I can return mine, hopefully this can save someone else from making the same mistake I did and not being able to return it - that would suck!

They are very good fakes. I got one from Amazon last year and just shocked by the price. Looked up in YT and found the same videos. Sent it right back. Still want one though.
Yeah, they are! I was impressed. You'd never know it was fake at first glance, they seem like decent quality. I'd probably just keep it if I only paid like 20 bucks for it.

Yeah, they are! I was impressed. You'd never know it was fake at first glance, they seem like decent quality. I'd probably just keep it if I only paid like 20 bucks for it.
And sharp as a samurai sword out of the box. I paid $40 on Amazon and almost kept it. But it’s going in a travel bag with other goodies, and I want to make sure all those goodies are good to go with no worries of quality. I’ve been eyeing it in Academy, but that bad boy is $90. 😬 no rush so waiting on a sale.

Back
Top Bottom