• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Availability reports on most Hand Guns and Rifles.

MY crystal ball told me this 1-24-13 and here is my post:

"Almost all gun shops sround here are selling ammo with gun purchase only. The United States of America is fixing to be out of ammo for sale for a while. "

This "report" was posted last week or so from another site and I have yet to see a date attached. Without some credible source I'm going to venture to say this isn't an accurate. If its true 1 billion rounds are being produced EVERY WEEK the backlog shouldn't take too long to get filled.

I have heard,,,,,,,that Walmart is planning on winding down ALL sales of ammo and firearms. TO zero...........this may very well be on the horizon...........from Walmart....

Fine by me. I've only been able to find .22lr at Walmart, once, and nothing else but odd calibers.

This "report" was posted last week or so from another site and I have yet to see a date attached. Without some credible source I'm going to venture to say this isn't an accurate. If its true 1 billion rounds are being produced EVERY WEEK the backlog shouldn't take too long to get filled.
yup. running at capacity means business is good and it means a literal crapton of everything will be hitting the market.

even better.. .when the hysteria crowd finally stops buying, so much will be produced that supply and demand will drive prices to the floor and I can buy up everything I ever wanted for dirt cheap.

yup. running at capacity means business is good and it means a literal crapton of everything will be hitting the market.

even better.. .when the hysteria crowd finally stops buying, so much will be produced that supply and demand will drive prices to the floor and I can buy up everything I ever wanted for dirt cheap.

Exactly which is fine by me. I'm saving my money every paycheck because at the moment theres nothing left to buy, that I want anyways. I don't want overpriced ammo, can't find a couple guns I want, mags still on backorder so I'll just save. When the bottom falls out I'll stock back up on ammo and get those guns I want. I'm really looking forward to getting a G19 for $450-$500.

If its not true why some of the local manufacturers are not selling it online anymore? Why Georgia Arms have a limit on how much you can buy? Just curious

If its not true why some of the local manufacturers are not selling it online anymore? Why Georgia Arms have a limit on how much you can buy? Just curious

I'm not saying some of it isn't true, I said I don't think its accurate. Manufacturers aren't selling online for 3 reasons: 1) To fill backlog with distributors 2) Because for some direct sales will slow things down. It takes a lot more time to pack and ship 1 item to 20 different places than it does to ship 20 items to 1 place. 3) Because if they're honest they'd sell at their normal prices and if they did Joe Blow would come and buy 20 to relist them all on GB and the ODT for 3-5x original price paid.

#3 is probably the same reason why GA Arms limits ammo, because if they did 1 guy would come and buy up a whole days production only to turn around and resell it.

Are most manufacturers running around the clock? I'm sure they are but a lot of those numbers like 1 million PMAGs are probably not only backorders but are also for dealer stock.

- - - Updated - - -

i was at smyrna pd supply yesterday and they said glock was 1.1 million guns backordered. the 30s i ordered has a lead time of 6-8 weeks.

Are they still letting people backorder? You pay normal price?

Back
Top Bottom