• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Awesome/random picture YOU have taken thread (G RATED ONLY!)

IMG_5892.jpg

That’s a heck of a climb. Is that all up vertical ladders? Do y’all have to snap in your harness while on the climb?

Yes that’s straight vertical climb with ladder if your lucky depending on the tower sometimes you will get a tower with no ladders it just depends on what kind and how it was built sometimes in a rare phenomenon you get very very lucky and it has a one man elevator but it only goes up half way and you have to draw straws on that one because someone still has to climb the tower to carry the rope up so you can get the equipment up and down the tower and with the rope it’s 1/2inch or 1inch or 2inch rope just depends on the job your doing that day and yes we wear a harness at all times with one hook always attached to the tower so you hook off climb up put a new hook on take first hook off move up rinse and repeat that one picture where I’m in it I have a harness on if you looked at it but I think this gives you a idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that’s straight vertical climb with ladder if your lucky depending on the tower sometimes you will get a tower with no ladders it just depends on what kind and how it was built sometimes in a rare phenomenon you get very very lucky and it has a one man elevator but it only goes up half way and you have to draw straws on that one because someone still has to climb the tower to carry the rope up so you can get the equipment up and down the tower and with the rope it’s 1/2inch or 1inch or 2inch rope just depends on the job your doing that day and yes we wear a harness at all times with one hook always attached to the tower so you hook off climb up put a new hook on take first hook off move up rinse and repeat that one picture where I’m in it I have a harness on if you looked at it but I think this gives you a idea

Also here’s a idea of what it looks like hanging in a harness
e16c33d94dbfee98ed7a85036f1da685.jpg

c83d44d14342404b98b5eec206c03643.jpg

04082e8e648f5e998072db8f1ad106dc.jpg

9876a8b7c30aee7207b4a4e3e2a64dc5.jpg

8c4a27f2e68d7cbbd5e29accf0b520c1.jpeg

c222c3f81b079e6643d37e407741d545.jpg

ef311a3a21abc939bc387a167ba568fe.jpg

That’s a lot of climbing. we used the old waist belts like the pole climbers used to wear. I still have a couple of those floating around not that they are suitable to use anymore. Stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom