Baby Duramax MF GENERAL MOTOR CUSTOMERS SERVICE (866 numbers)

All GM customer service representatives are employed by Hewlett-Packard. GM contracts that work out, the people that you are talking to have no interest in helping get your vehicle fixed. They only want to get their contract renewed. I had a zone rep tell he didn't care if the car was fixed, as long as the paperwork was done correctly.

Theres a reason the 5.3 has been GMs staple since 1999, it doesnt stop. No way i would touch the baby max. Any motor that requires you to drop the transmission at 100k to service the oil pump is just a bad idea.

I had a Chevy in '82, it was such a POS it was BROWN. 3 transmissions before 36,000 miles, rear main replaced at 25,000, suspension replaced with after-market due to poor handling...
Did I learn? NO, wife bought a Buick in '84 that was as big a turd...
Did I learn? NO... leased a Saturn VUE... trannie blew up at 35,000 miles, but 39 months old... no warrantee. Had 4 months left on the lease, it was cheaper to park the POS for 4 months and BUY a Nissan Frontier than to FIX the POS... Ended up driving it to the dealer to turn in they never noticed the dead trans...
Loved the Frontier until it died by being introduced violently to another CHEVY...

Hold my beer.
YOU BLUE OVAL ZEALOTS KNOW THAT FORD'S DIESEL'S HAVE SUCKED ASS FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS AND YA'LL ARE STILL PUSHIN' 'EM?
:pound::pound::pound:

Phhh. The 6.7L scorpion has been Ford’s engine for the past 12 years and is by far one of the best Diesel engines ever put in a light truck.

The 7.3 was legendary, but sadly modern gasoline engines produce more HP and Torque.

Phhh. The 6.7L scorpion has been Ford’s engine for the past 12 years and is by far one of the best Diesel engines ever put in a light truck.

The 7.3 was legendary, but sadly modern gasoline engines produce more HP and Torque.
We just gonna ignore the 6.slow and 6.4? lol
The 6.7 is a beast tho.

What does the owners manual say the acceptable oil loss could be between oil changes?

I researched these GM baby diesels 18 months ago and gave my unfavorable opinion about what I saw as long-term reliability issues and I mostly got the ho-hum.

Wait.. Bill, don’t I recall correctly that you bought TWO of these trucks ?
No I had 2 of the SRT10 dodge! BUT MY SON DOES HAVE A BABY ALSO! Zero problem! Just old lucky me!

Back
Top Bottom