• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Background checks

drjterrell

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
93   0
Reaction score
Interesting debate on Meet the Press about universal background checks. How in the world would private citizens be able to do a background check? Anybody heard a proposed method?

Yep, the ODT would be dead and America will have gone to hell (some would argue that has already happened and I would agree with them).

The only way for mandatory checks to work, would require mandatory registration. They have to know you have it.....

I dealt with that when I lived in another state that had registration. It is something I hope to never see happen in Georgia.

In order to purchase any handgun from private party or FFL, I had to go to the local Sheriff's office. They ran a background check, I had to take a 30 question test that you had to pass with above 70%, and then I was issued a "Purchase permit".
The purchase permit was only valid for about 2 weeks and had to be returned to the Sheriff's office if not used in that time. Failure to return the purchase permit would cause them to issue a warrant for your arrest. Basically, you would put down all your personal information of the seller on the permit, SN of the gun and then return for it to have the registration transferred into your name.

It really takes the impulse buy out of the question.

Back
Top Bottom