• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Backyard black coyote video from a few hours ago...

Ho could you possibly have a dried up pond this year?
VERY short version? Dam broke and beavers are gone.
Longer version involves a tirade by me about the county draining it previously after the beavers were trapped and not fixing it properly and I've been the one maintaining it ever sense. I checked it this weekend and it's fixable again but I'm waiting for cooler weather hoping the breach doesn't grow too much. It's the only reason I bought the house, so hopefully I can fix it. It's been dry since last month. It still fills momentarily in a downpour.

ah, ok.....that makes sense
Yep, I saw this coyote (presumably the same one) one winter and the coat was JET BLACK, very shiney and of course full. If I can get this one I'll have it tanned. But this might not be the same one and it may retain that smokey color even when full. It has the same white chevron on it's chest not that that is completely unique but I'm thinking it's the same one. If so, hope that coat returns....

Another plus to not living in town.It's always nice to see wild life in nature. That will be a nice hide come winter, especially if we have a cold winter. Keep us updated.
We used to have a family of forces out here, but the dogs didn't looks them being so close. We still see them across the field from time to time.

You can always shoot a coyote, but it's not often you get too see something like that in nature. Very cool and thanks for sharing.
Exactly. It struck me during the show that I have never watched a coyote in nature for more than a minute or two at the very most. Granted, that may in large part be to the fact I'm sending lead their way more often than not ;) but even when not they just aren't that 'comfortable' playing/lounging around and are out there in short order. These guys are obviously VERY confident/comfortable. I'm pretty sure it was them that kept coming to the woodline in my backyard tormenting my dogs early yesterday evening. In any case, it was a full half hour of watching then I had to go. They may still be laying out there for all I know. Now if they attempt to climb the fence, which they can do VERY easily, winter or not.... that'll be some dead coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom