• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Baiting

Personally, shooting anything over bait is not "hunting". I just want to be CLEAR as glass on the rules because not everyone in our club shares my view. DAM government double talk.

Baiting is not the magic bullet people make it out to be.
I lease 420 acres in Burke County, which is the first county in the Southern zone, we do "bait" but I've only ever seen one shooter buck at a feeder in my life.
This guy.
9point.jpg

Mostly it's going to be younger deer with does, which won't come in until they see the offspring are ok with it.
I do supplemental feed all year, but don't hunt within 500 yards or more from the site.
Got these two last season just cruising from a soybean field going to bedding area.
2017bucks.jpeg

Baiting is not the magic bullet people make it out to be.
I lease 420 acres in Burke County, which is the first county in the Southern zone, we do "bait" but I've only ever seen one shooter buck at a feeder in my life.
This guy.
View attachment 1641699
Mostly it's going to be younger deer with does, which won't come in until they see the offspring are ok with it.
I do supplemental feed all year, but don't hunt within 500 yards or more from the site.
Got these two last season just cruising from a soybean field going to bedding area.
View attachment 1641702
These are some very nice bucks, congrats. Looks lIke soybeans are more productive than corn!!!!

These are some very nice bucks, congrats. Looks lIke soybeans are more productive than corn!!!!

Thanks, and I do believe the beans are more important than corn.
I'm in a rural area, 1500 acres on one side is either soybean or corn planted.
Back side is a 3200 acre dairy farm that plants rye / wheat all year.
Feeders & mineral sites are ran year round, it's a very good tool to help hold wildlife.

Back
Top Bottom