• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ball lightning...

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Anyone ever seen any of this stuff?

I did. Once , when I was growing up, my folks topped the hill in a thunderstorm. Sitting right over the middle of the road was a huge blue and red lightning ball. It was just floating there.

Needless to say, we turned the car around and got outta there.

Ours looked a lot like this: Without all the arcs of electricity-just the ball part, except it was mostly blue.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...3ZprTqiKEIHZgAfL29CGBg&ved=0CGMQ9QEwCA&dur=41

Just a big ball of plasma, floating around. Pretty strange.

Yep,
Had one float thru my great grandmaws house in Atlanta, during hurricane Camile. (I think that's the right one, early sixties anyway)

I didn't see it myself but my neighbor had lightning hit their phone line and they said a ball of lightning shot from their phone and went across the floor. Burnt all the copper in the phone lines.

Only once, Frankfort, KY, Red Roof Inn. Bad storm had kicked out the power, so I was standing outside the room looking at the storm coming in. Then, there is was a blue "ball" in the sky. There were several other patrons standing there with me just looking at it. Seemed to last better than two minutes, but probably was not that long. I had never seen anything like that before, and have not seen anything like that since. It was just strange.

Sounds like what I saw. Wish I had video. I even know of two pilots who were flying a DC3 through a thunderstorm and one came in the cockpit and floated all the way back through the middle of the plane.

Back
Top Bottom