• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ballistic Bill's rotary tumber?

I use a harbor freight two barrel rock tumbler with SS pins. I think I paid 40 bucks for it and it works great. Doesn't hold as many cases as the one above tho. The instructions say 3lbs per drum which includes the water,pins and brass. I run mine at more than twice that per drum with no issues. The barrels are made of rubber so it is much more quiet than hard plastic and it is very cost effective.

I got this one too. I wasnt sure I would care for tumbling with pins so i bought this cheap contraption to try it out. It works OK, but it doesn't seem to tumble the cases as much as it just swooshes them around due to the smooth shape of the drums. Only used it a couple of times and the cases came out sparkling anyhow. Not bad but capacity is very low, especially for big cases.

So - I got it in today. Box weighs 15lbs. I opened it to inspect the parts and it seems really well made. I'll post pics once I get home and assemble it. Some on other sites had commented about the inside of the drum (under the rubber liner) not being painted....mine is painted to match. Nice shade of Dillon blue....too bad I use Hornady! HA!

So - I got it in today. Box weighs 15lbs. I opened it to inspect the parts and it seems really well made. I'll post pics once I get home and assemble it. Some on other sites had commented about the inside of the drum (under the rubber liner) not being painted....mine is painted to match. Nice shade of Dillon blue....too bad I use Hornady! HA!
Look forward to your pics and report!

So, I found this while cruising around on OTD and took the leap, I ordered pins and a media seperator, ran down to Wally world for lemishine and dawn while waiting for it show show up. Well it showed up and I was stoked to find it is the real deal. My buddy bought his red one over and we did a side by side, other than the blue paint they are exactly the same...including the motor. He has had his about 15 years. Yea this is a good deal...BTW, you may to search like religion on ebay for it, because when he is out he doesn't advertise. Then one day they show up again.

Back
Top Bottom