• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bandwagon Ammo Haters!

Why has everyone decided to hate .40 caliber ammo? It almost feels like it’s considered uncool to have a gun that shoots .40
Yes... here is why. The Federal government ran tests, I am friends with the retired arms guy of the local FBI. The 40 kicks the **** out of the gun frames. Repairs and maintenance were required more.But, so what. A 40 will make you dead right there, like anything else.

I would hazard a guess that if you offer your .40 for a trade and the other guy isn’t interested because it’s a .40, it’s because he doesn’t already have on and doesn’t want to add another caliber to the stable.

I have nothing against .40S&W, although I don’t own one. I have 9mm’s and .45’s, I get .357SIG ammo for free, so I’ve got no reason to add a .40.

I would like to find a good deal on a Beretta 96 and a BHP .40, so I can convert both to .357SIG.

Nothing wrong with .40, but for some reason it's the only caliber that hurts my ears even wearing hearing protection. Even 10mm don't hurt my ears, weird.

Went to the range today, shot two of the 357 Magnum revolvers and them one of my 10mm Smith revolvers...as in 41 magnum. After that a couple of magazines of 9mm in a CZ 75 clone. Talk about weak! The 9mm didn't even want to spin the dueling tree every time! After the magnums 9mm seems to be the short and weak.

Went to the range today, shot two of the 357 Magnum revolvers and them one of my 10mm Smith revolvers...as in 41 magnum. After that a couple of magazines of 9mm in a CZ 75 clone. Talk about weak! The 9mm didn't even want to spin the dueling tree every time! After the magnums 9mm seems to be the short and weak.

I was shooting steel once with .45 and targets were falling over left and right. Then I shot a round with .380 and I thought I was shooting pellets - the targets weren't even moving. It was almost comical but not quite since they're both mine...

Back
Top Bottom