• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bank Fishing at Lanier

wolfmanrogers

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
Howdy folks. I'm looking to take a kid and his dog fishing on Lake Lanier tomorrow. Are there any good public fishing spots on the lake that allow dogs and could give a decent chance of catching some catfish or stripers from the bank? I've fished Big Creek boat launch, and it's ok, but it's $20 just to park and the fishing wasn't that great.

Howdy folks. I'm looking to take a kid and his dog fishing on Lake Lanier tomorrow. Are there any good public fishing spots on the lake that allow dogs and could give a decent chance of catching some catfish or stripers from the bank? I've fished Big Creek boat launch, and it's ok, but it's $20 just to park and the fishing wasn't that great.
Try Tidwell park is a Corp boat launch with a lot of area to fish on some pretty big water. Ga 400 north to exit 16 turn right and go to the end of the road.

FWIW, you can fish all the way around Lake Lanier except for a couple of security zones. There is a COE setback around the whole lake.

Don't get on any docks or boathouses. Some owners will try to run you off (ask me how I know) but the local LEO are well versed on the situation. The setback is marked on the trees, if the landowners haven't cut them down. If they threaten to call LEO on you, tell them to go right ahead. Been there, done that.

Point is, if you don't like where you are fishing, walk down the bank and fish somewhere else,

Also FWIW, the "massive accidental sewage spill" was in the river above Morgan Falls. Nothing to do with the lake.

yep...that's it!!! do what you want to do on Lake Lanier!!! it's a free zone....the "land owners" don't own to the lake....trespass onto their property....build a camp, trash it, crap everywhere, do whatever you choose....then just walk away...they cannot do a thing....EXECPT pay the majority of Forsyth county property taxes...I've lived there, I know....if the new illegals knew, they'd be there already!! there are many areas where you can simply walk through others property, to the lake...and there you are....screw um!!

FWIW, you can fish all the way around Lake Lanier except for a couple of security zones. There is a COE setback around the whole lake.

Don't get on any docks or boathouses. Some owners will try to run you off (ask me how I know) but the local LEO are well versed on the situation. The setback is marked on the trees, if the landowners haven't cut them down. If they threaten to call LEO on you, tell them to go right ahead. Been there, done that.

Point is, if you don't like where you are fishing, walk down the bank and fish somewhere else,

Also FWIW, the "massive accidental sewage spill" was in the river above Morgan Falls. Nothing to do with the lake.
Aint no law against fireworks either no mo.....I'm jus sayin

Opps....sorry bout that roman candle to your cranium.....

Back
Top Bottom