• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

barrel install Remington 700

Pre-chambered meaning short chamber that needs to be finish cut, deep chamber that needs to be set back or Rem-age barrel nut style? The 1st two should be set up and indicated in the lathe to be done right and take a bit of skill and knowledge, The Rem-age is pretty much plug and play. Pretty sizable price difference within these methods, but iv'e had great results with all three given a quality barrel to start with.

Pre-chambered meaning short chamber that needs to be finish cut, deep chamber that needs to be set back or Rem-age barrel nut style? The 1st two should be set up and indicated in the lathe to be done right and take a bit of skill and knowledge, The Rem-age is pretty much plug and play. Pretty sizable price difference within these methods, but iv'e had great results with all three given a quality barrel to start with.

Are you willing to give a figure for each type?

Bryan, the average cost to chamber and install a barrel on a rem. Hs been abot 300-450.
I recently swapped over to savage because of ease of barrel swap. Now i see that there are pre chambered barrrls for rem. Too. Remage they call them. Not a bad deal.
Looking at another Bartlein #13. I send them a dummy round and they cut chamber and thread for that round. 180+ cost of barrel or 350 for a pacnor shillen etc. With out custom chamber. The initial tooling cost sucks 100.00 but you can swap barrels in 30 minutes

Ordered a standard 6.5 chamber #7 remage from McGowan for $350+- with barrel nut and a .250 precision ground recoil lug, BBl nut for $35 and the smith trued the receiver, lapped the lugs, lightweight striker, and fitted for $200. So just my barreled action cost $550. But as Tiamat Tiamat said Savage is WAY easier, just figure out your shank size and plug and play....dare I say even headspace off a factory loaded round all at home!!

Back
Top Bottom