• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrel swap

nduffey

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
56   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have a gunsmith around the Newnan area that can swap a barrel on a Tikka? I have purchased a new carbon fiber barrel for my tikka just to discover no one wants to touch it because it’s a tikka or because it’s a carbon fiber. Suggestions?

You will probably have to mail it off. Some shops dont like CF barrels because if they booger it up its twice as expensive to buy a new blank. Check with APA in Jefferson.

Otherwise LRI in South Dakota will do the work. Hes commented many a time on how great tikka factory actions are. I would also consider spending a few more pennies and have the action trued. Tikka tend to not need much from what I've heard but if you're putting in an expensive blank, might as well have the best base to attach it to.

Otherwise LRI in South Dakota will do the work. Hes commented many a time on how great tikka factory actions are. I would also consider spending a few more pennies and have the action trued. Tikka tend to not need much from what I've heard but if you're putting in an expensive blank, might as well have the best base to attach it to.
I have heard of LRI. I may have to go that route. Was hoping for some place local, but may have to go that route.

Back
Top Bottom