• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baseball Cards

BamaBrad

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
32   0
Reaction score
Any baseball card collectors on here? Just have started getting back into it, with my son and wishing I had some of the cards I had when I was younger, instead of putting them in the spokes of my bike. Have pulled some pretty nice cards but still having a hard time getting comps, especially on the newer cards.

Any shops that buy cards that deal pretty good? I think there is one in Douglasville?

I don’t collect cards now but I did when I was a youth. Out of the thousands of cards I had I managed to save a shoebox full. Found them cleaning out a closet a few weeks ago and went through them. Had i kept them in good condition I would have had some money. One example here, Cal Ripken Jr. rookie card.
IMG_2887.jpeg

I have my gdad’s cards. 1933 Goudey’s.
About 150 of them.

I have a few from the 70s from my childhood, but not many.
Have some English soccer cards from late 60’s. I’m an Air Force brat.

The two 1909 tobacco cards are my favorite. They were discontinued after the press that made them broke. It wasn’t until 1943 that leaf started selling packs
IMG_0115.jpeg
IMG_0116.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpeg
    IMG_0117.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 10
The generation that collected baseball cards, coins, and stamps have mostly died off. Very little, if any value in them. Much like beanie babies that flamed out before out eyes

I don’t collect cards now but I did when I was a youth. Out of the thousands of cards I had I managed to save a shoebox full. Found them cleaning out a closet a few weeks ago and went through them. Had i kept them in good condition I would have had some money. One example here, Cal Ripken Jr. rookie card.View attachment 5820142
He played a little minor league ball in my hometown, the Bluefield Orioles.

Back
Top Bottom