Bathroom

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
This house listing has a basement bathroom that is just unorthodox. The windows at near head height is the odd part

This house listing has a basement bathroom that is just unorthodox. The windows at near head height is the odd part

Very common in NW US and Alaska. Allows you to open the window to let the shower steam out and allows sunlight in. But hides your private parts. I had the same window in AK and it was on a second floor.

Speaking of houses...we made an offer on this house. Lost it because someone clearly offered more than the $400k asking price. They definitely overpaid. It needed some other repairs.

But it had one thing I really liked....a hidden room with a vault gun room.
Behind that "shelf" in the corner (which has a hidden actuator)....
GetMedia (4).jpeg

Is this....
GetMedia (2).jpeg

IMG_20211001_184053.jpg

And inside the vault, is this...
GetMedia (5).jpeg

What's not shown is the additional safe, dehumidifier set up and outside the vault, a very well set up armorer's bench.

Not sad about losing it. Just gave me some ideas for our upcoming renovation.

That's not strange. I've seen a few older houses with random toilets in the middle of rooms.

It does have a nice display room but the door is a bit flashy, maybe make the door have a lock wood look to it
No one sees the door except the owner. That entire room is behind the shelf in the corner of the garage and can't be opened unless you find the button that actuates the magnetic lock.

Screenshot_20211124-213830.jpg

That's not strange. I've seen a few older houses with random toilets in the middle of rooms.
Picture 25/32 shows the main waist stack in the basement and no visible sealed sewage sump pump well so one would have to conclude the sewage feed to the street is at that level or below. The shower in the middle of the basement was probably a convenient place to install in the basement over where the main sewage drain line exited the house.

Back
Top Bottom