• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Batman Philosophy discussion.

I love how people accept Nolan's films as continuity...Joker didnt make Dent evil. He was already evil from his abusive father. He was torn by his job and his alter ego. Maroni was the person that eventually made Dent flip

recommending reading: The Long Halloween

sorry dude...im a nerd. i know my batman continuity

Well his past isn't so important as the form he takes once becoming two face. He still represents the same thing, the idea that a man will turn against justice if he has to carry to much of its burden, his past may have set him up for the role, but that's about it. And I don't think the Joker made him evil, but he at least helped in pointing his anger towards the system initially.

All in all two face even joins batman at times, recovers, and then un-recovers so his issue is more deep rooted than the one event, but again, it's about what he represents, not how he became it really.

Last edited:
dont you get it? he was evil from the start...the job was the thing keeping him straight

you cant stop something that is absolutely evil. just destroy the **** out of it and hope it doesnt come back

Tacos

Oh... You really need a girl friend bro.

Absofrickinlutely!

- - - Updated - - -

I love how people accept Nolan's films as continuity...Joker didnt make Dent evil. He was already evil from his abusive father. He was torn by his job and his alter ego. Maroni was the person that eventually made Dent flip

recommending reading: The Long Halloween

sorry dude...im a nerd. i know my batman continuity

As for you..... I have no explanation!

A few months back I heard you tell a guy in a video on one of the ODT Meet Up threads that his weapon was designed to be zeroed with the bayonet out as it affected barrel harmonics. This post could actually be worse than that. LOL

dont you get it? he was evil from the start...the job was the thing keeping him straight

you cant stop something that is absolutely evil. just destroy the **** out of it and hope it doesnt come back

Sure but that isn't Batman's philosophy, would have to put him on trial. Biggest reason he doesn't is because it would ruin the image of the justice system.

In all of Harvey Dent's roles he turns against justice when he can no longer take the toll his position is putting on him. Maroni throws acid on him in one which makes him snap, which is still him losing everything while pursuing justice.

His past is described with two versions, one with the abusive father, the other where he loses his brother when he is too afraid to save him. Both scenarios he uses his pursuit of justice to fulfill his void caused by these, and in both he can't pay the costs. He is forced to either accept that unjustice will occur to some or attempt to equalize it because he felt like he had shouldered it for too long.

A few months back I heard you tell a guy in a video on one of the ODT Meet Up threads that his weapon was designed to be zeroed with the bayonet out as it affected barrel harmonics. This post could actually be worse than that. LOL

Mosins were zeros with bayonet out since they had to have it out at all times, even riding in a vehicle. do you really think a bayonet attached to a barrel at its farthest point will not affect Point of Impact?
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/09/ralph/ralph’s-guide-to-your-first-mosin-nagant-9130-pt-3/
Although some 91/30s were sighted in at 100 meters, most were zeroed at the factory or arsenal for the expected battle distance of 300 meters. Sometimes 91/30s were zeroed with the pig-sticker bayonet attached, and sometimes they weren’t.
http://62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinFAQ.htm Question 15
Q. Why does my M44 (of M91/30) shoot so far to the left (or right) of the point of aim?
A. M44s were sighted in with the bayonet extended. Shooting with the bayonet stowed affects the barrel harmonics and can change the point of impact by as much as 1 foot per 100 yards. Not all M44s are effected this much or even at all. Either shoot with the bayonet extended or drift the front sight to compensate for the difference. Similarly M91/30s were sighted with the bayonet fixed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom