Battleworn finish???

Maybe we will soon be expected to pay extra for those 1911 "character" marks.:rolleyes:
Now what I really, really hate is the trend over the past 10 years with auto restorations and the "patina" look. Anyone who spends the time and effort to restore a car/truck and then work to make it look like primer and rust is showing through is just out of their mind IMO. Then there are the ones who don't even repair the underlying metal, they just clearcoat right over the rust and old paint. Makes me want to tell them to park it in the garage until they can get it finished... driving a restoration in progress is one thing. Preserving the crappy exterior is another. If that fad had only started a year or two earlier I could have just left my old F100 and Cougar in original worn condition and proudly made the rounds at the car shows :becky:
There was an old Colt 1911 at a swap meet (belongs to Schmittzoid) that was half covered in pitting. I really wanted it.

I don't consider this battle worn, I call it ghey!!
IMG_0725.JPG

I like the battleworn bronze look and the battleworn flags. Not a big fan when you start mixing weird colors in there but everyone has there own taste. Some people have built so many AR's they're just bored and want to try different things. Nothing wrong with that.

I think its crazy to pay extra for something made to look old. That being said, I got a Glock 19 with the Battleworn finish. The slide cleans up with no effort and its supposed to be more durable. It sure doesn't make the 19 any uglier.

G19g3-NIB-2.jpg
Back when I bought my first and only Glock 19 so far I looked at some LE trade in 17s and 19s at Chuck's Gun and Pawn in Warner Robins. They had 2 or 3 for like $379.00 with one mag no box or docs and they looked a lot like the one in this pic except worse.There was no finish at all left on the sides of the slides.

Sorry, but taking a scuff pad to the side of your pistol or AR doesn't make it 'battle worn'.

I've seen a few good jobs that actually simulate the look of real wear and tear on a service gun, or one that's been knocked around a bit. Heck, the Cowboy Action folks have been doing this for years so their guns don't look 'too new'. But those are few and far between...

I don't get it. I keep seeing more and more new guns with a "battleworn" finish, supposedly to look like most of the finish has been worn off. Am I in the minority of people who think it's stupid?
I have some carry guns that have had the bluing worn down from use, one or two shooters that have the look from being holstered and unholstered so many times, and a Garand and 03A3 which came by it honestly, but I have always done my best to keep my guns looking close to new. And unless its military surplus, the guns I'm looking to buy are in pristine condition.
Are these marketed to the crowd who pays extra for jeans that already have holes in them or is this the new trend that most everyone (except me) wants?
Nah, I think it is retarded as well.

Back
Top Bottom