Be bewy bewy quiet.....

LOL! Yeah..for a while it was starting to annoy me that there were never any deer around until I lit a smoke.

I never believed it until my buddy showed me his trophy room. He continually kills GIANT deer year after year and told me with most of them he was smoking a cig. He says deer act like horses and will eat the butts if you drop em. He is not your average hunter who kills a decent buck every few years like me. He has 10+ 150'' deer under his belt in 20 years on leased property, not mentioning deer between 120-150''. He has a bow record in Monroe Co and some other record in Macon Co where we hunt now.

Yeah. I had an idiot I wouldn't admit knowing come up to me once, tap my 'Boro pack in my shirt pocket and say "I just love hunters like you. You run all the deer right to me". I laughed at him and asked how many he had so far that year. I had just run out of tags and he had maybe one. Deer just ain't all that bright.

Like Ron White said, "I hit one doing 55 in a van with the horn blowin'."

Heck, the first one I ever shot was coming down a hill on a trail. I was smoking a Boro when I caught his movement out of the corner of my eye. I froze and he stood still a minute then took a few steps closer. Every time he looked away I eased may hands towards the gun which was leaning on the far side of me against the tree. Then he'd look at me and I'd freeze. We played red-light/green-light until I got the gun and had him sighted in then BLAM! Right etween the shoulderblades since he had strolled down below where tyhe trail ran almsot directly below my stand. Nope, not real bright at all.

I picked my smoke back up, climbed down and dragged him out to the 4 wheeler.

Brother shot a nice 8 pointer a couple of years ago with his 9yr old son eating cereal, playing with hot wheels, and being a kid. He was hunting behind a gound blind on the side of the driveway. Deer came out about 40 yds away and stopped for a second. Deer aren't the brightest animal in the woods; but they taste better than most.

Back
Top Bottom