• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Be Careful Out There

I agree that it was most likely staged. I enjoyed it; because it brought back memories of Vietnam. If you walked too close to the roadway, the slicky boys would swing their Vespas in close and snatch your watch from your wrist.

I agree that it was most likely staged. I enjoyed it; because it brought back memories of Vietnam. If you walked too close to the roadway, the slicky boys would swing their Vespas in close and snatch your watch from your wrist.
We were coming out of the bush near Dongtam and crossing a short stretch of road between rice paddies when two slicky boys on a scooter tried to grab something off the point man, I was walking in front of my RTO as they gunned it and started pass me, being a rather large tall guy, I straight armed the driver catching him in the throat and they went down. About 5 or 6 Grunts then proceeded to beat the crap out of them. When they ran off limping and screaming the 60 gunner shot up the scoot and we picked up what was left and threw it in the paddy..I love those good old memories of " Life in the Delta" :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom