• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Be sure of your target, BEFORE you raise your rifle

Yeah she was about 10-15 feet away standing at the truck still getting all her gear together. Glad it worked out like it did with no blood but deer blood getting spilled over the weekend.
Thing is I did have my orange on. I know he saw me cause I saw him plain as day raise his rifle and level it. What a careless idiot!

Glad your ok brother, I have had a few of those instances myself. I am betting you don't have to go too far to find him. Probably a neighboring shanty with a ton of empty beer cans out front. The problem would be getting an Leo to actually do something. You should alert the game warden though, he or she would probably be interested. They might even know who it likely is. Guys like this are always doing crap like this. I can't stand a poacher or a thief, same thing.

Dude, glad your safe! I hate poachers and trespassers. I have issues with them in one corner of my property that joins up to a neighboring hunting club. It's unnerving being in the woods and not knowing who is behind the next tree or around the next bend.

Dang! Glad you guys are alright. One thing I hate (among others) is a freakin' poacher. About 30 years ago my boss took me with him as a guest to his hunting lease down on the Hooch in Heard Co., I had been in the stand for only about 30 minutes when I saw a guy coming through the woods about 100yds away when he stopped dead in his tracks and raised his rifle at me. Bout scared the daylights outta me and pissed me off at the same time! He wasn't wearing any orange and my boss and I were the only people supposed to be there so I put him in my sights too since I had no where to hide. It only took him a second or two to duck and crawl his ass outta there. Man that really ruined my day, I spent the next couple of hours on the ground watching and waiting in case that asshat came back, I didn't know where my boss was since he got me to my spot and then went to his stand. I guess it's a good thing the idiot didn't do that to my boss, he was a Marine Corps Vietnam Veteran who would have dropped that SOB right where he stood without hesitation.

Glad everybody is OK. It could've turned ugly real fast. You never know what some idiots will do.

Every time I hear about something like this happening I always think about this guy.......
gettysuspect_large.jpg

For those that don't remember him.....

http://murderpedia.org/male.V/v/vang-chai-soua.htm

Back
Top Bottom