bear taken with spear

Sick and cruel death??? I'd hate to hear what they have to say about an arrow........

Arrows are quite humane actually. A well placed shot will kill an animal in very short time. Some don't even know they are dying. A bullet will put an animal into shock, but an arrow doesn't. They just bleed out, usually quickly. I've been hunting for 25 years, and what this guy did isn't hunting. There is no need or reason to hunt with a spear. His chest pounding does nothing but bring unwanted negative attention to all hunters.

Arrows are quite humane actually. A well placed shot will kill an animal in very short time. Some don't even know they are dying. A bullet will put an animal into shock, but an arrow doesn't. They just bleed out, usually quickly. I've been hunting for 25 years, and what this guy did isn't hunting. There is no need or reason to hunt with a spear. His chest pounding does nothing but bring unwanted negative attention to all hunters.

I do agree with you about the chest pounding.....BUT I don't agree about the other, the spear killed just as fast as a bullet or an arrow. But just as anything else, it's ALL about shot placement. Had he hit the bear in the correct spot, the spear could have been killed faster than an arrow simply because of the size IMO.

I do agree with you about the chest pounding.....BUT I don't agree about the other, the spear killed just as fast as a bullet or an arrow. But just as anything else, it's ALL about shot placement. Had he hit the bear in the correct spot, the spear could have been killed faster than an arrow simply because of the size IMO.

That's probably true, but to replicate a shot placement with a spear would be almost impossible. Look at MLB pitchers. They get paid millions and cant replicate every time with a ball.

Back
Top Bottom