• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bear

MAK

Hen of Fame Supporter
GGT Founder
58   0
Reaction score
Went out back to walk the dog about 7:30 and a big bear with 4 cubs came walking by about 50 yards from back porch. I picked up the dog and watched for a minute and then yelled at them. They just ignored me. I yelled again louder and they stopped and looked at me for a few seconds and then just started meandering in the same direction they had been going. I stepped up on porch and really started making some noise and stomped my feet. That turned them around and they slowly started off in another direction back up the hill. Sure didn’t have the reaction I was expecting.
I’ve seen a lot around here in the past but have always just watched from the cabin or treestand and never drawn attention to myself. Always thought they would move a little faster trying to get away... Accidentally walking up on a momma with cubs is the only thing I worry about up here. Well, that and snakes :rolleyes:

Got 7-8 Yogi that come by the house at various times of the day. I just make sure to check around the yard after I open the doors to let the pug out. Never had a problem and they walk off as soon as they hear or see me.

Back
Top Bottom