• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Benelli M4 vs Mossberg 930

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
I have never shot or held either. I am pretty confident that the M4 is the better firearm. But, I am thinking the 930 is the better value. I was thinking about one of the two for home defense. I have always used a pump for HD because I have never trusted the reliability of a semi shotgun for that purpose. Can either or both be relied upon for HD when compared to a pump?

I have never shot or held either. I am pretty confident that the M4 is the better firearm. But, I am thinking the 930 is the better value. I was thinking about one of the two for home defense. I have always used a pump for HD because I have never trusted the reliability of a semi shotgun for that purpose. Can either or both be relied upon for HD when compared to a pump?

M4 is better, 930 is a better value. I would absolutely trust my 930 for HD and to be reliable, and better in fact than my Mossy 500. I just know if the SHTF I will forget to rack a new round in a pump.

The 930s do not fair well at 3 gun matches. I have seen a lot of people buy the 930, have it fail in a couple of matches, then to buy the Benelli and never look back. I would not be willing to bet my life over the price difference between the M4 and the 930. Just my opinion.

M4 is considered THE combat shotgun. The 930 is a great shotgun and a far superior value. The m4 offers you the ability to have a factory collapsible stock, but youll pay out the nose for it. If you can afford the m4 you wont regret it. If you want the 930 and like 3 glocks, you also wont regret it.

The Benelli M4 is unbeatable as a combat shotgun, but the Mossberg would do most folks just fine.

You could always pick up a used Benelli M1 or M2. You’d have a better gun than the Mossberg and great deals are to be had. I picked up my HK-marked Benelli M1 Super 90 for $500 with the factory full-length mag tube.

IMO, a Remington Police 11-87 is a better gun than the Mossberg.....here’s one for sale (I do not know the seller, just passing along the info). https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-remington-11-87-police.1643388/

Back
Top Bottom