• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beretta ARX 100

Targetmaster

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
228   0
Reaction score
Ok, ok, after reading about them, I took a chance and got one on a swap. The original sights are cheap and most reviews trash them, removed same and replace with a set of Diamondhead I had in my parts bin, pattern at 100m closed down from 3-4 inch to 1 inch (could be the shooter also LOL) Trigger pull is on par with most Military style weapons at 9-10 pounds, but replacements are made to reduce that to 4-5. It feels a LOT lighter than it looks, the shoulder and grip placement takes a little getting use to after firing an AR, but not uncomfortable. There appears to be less felt recoil over the AR even with hotter Military 5.56. It uses standard AR mags, but will not seat Magpul Gen 3 due to a ridge on the back. Just starting to find accessories for it on line. Going to try different muzzle breaks on it, the original is AR birdcage, but in my "Parts Bin" over the years I have about 20 different AR types, so we'll see which is most effective. It eats any and all 223 & 5.56 I've fed it with NO FTF. I'm trying my EOTECH on it now after zeroing it in. Easy to break down and clean. New, they are not cheap, if Beretta brings the price down and more people had a chance to fire one, I think you see more of them in the family safe. With a few simple mods it makes a first class battle rifle to defend the homestead with. .
Beretta AR.jpg

Bought one for my business partner a while back. The factory trigger was a little stiff and creepy (FOR ME) but overall a fantastic platform.

Thanks for the review brother! I'll pass it along to him.
(See you in Ellijay again someday) :thumb:

Great review! Been on my radar for a while along with the Kriss Vector. While I normally prefer the older bolt action workhorse's some of the newer guns like this have me totally intrigued.

Any plans to SBR it? I was looking at them a while back when they went on sell. But if I got one I would Form 1 it as soon as I got it. Do you think it would balance right with a shorter barrel and a can on the end?

Any plans to SBR it? I was looking at them a while back when they went on sell. But if I got one I would Form 1 it as soon as I got it. Do you think it would balance right with a shorter barrel and a can on the end?
the shorter Barrel is a shoe in. you can replace the barrels in less than 10 seconds. The short barrel complete is $449.00. With can it should be about the same weight as the 16" barrel or close. If I get the cash, it would be nice:becky:

Back
Top Bottom