Beretta Nano

I stripped my new Nano down for a deep cleaning last night. The operation of the action is more similar to M&P than Glock.

I gave every part the blow dryer-heated FrogLube paste treatment and wiped down the excess.. Man, is it smooth.

I handled one of these and considered buying it but I noticed that every time I brought it up to point it was off to the right. The mroe I looked the more I realized it was because the flat, slab cut sides made it sit in my hand wrong. I didn't want to be adaptcing back and forth between the point of my Glock and it if I ver needed either in an emergency. I find that the "pointability" of the Kahr line is identical to that of the Glocks so I decided to stick with Kahr for micros.

I wanted a Nano when I looked for a CC pistol. None were available. I ended up with LC9. Not crazy about the LC9's mag disconnect.
The mag disconnect is really easy to remove. I just removed my NRA edition LC9's mag disconnect last week. I think I spent half an hour on it just because I spent awhile lubricating all the internals and deciding on whether or not to do something about the internal lock. But the lock can't break and render the gun useless unless you actually use it so I didn't mess with it.

LC9 will be my primary CCW, so I have not decided 100% if I want the mag disconnect out. I think I am leaning towards taking it out. I've read all the pro and anti arguments re modifying the CCW, but a smoother trigger and not having to have a magazine in to release the trigger and the tension on the hammer spring is worth it to me. There is something unnerving about shoving a loaded mag back into the gun to release the trigger.
I have more LC9 mags on back-order, but for now I am stuck with the one mag that came with the gun.
OP--glad you like the Nano. I might trade for one, someday.

Back
Top Bottom